Jade provides website hosting for clients. The cost will be included on the web design quote for your consideration.
Just a few things; information, terms and conditions, so that we know where we stand:
- Hosting service is to serve the needs of small businesses and organisations for websites created by Jade. It is not for large enterprises or internationally based businesses.
- Each hosting term is for 12 months. The start date is the date when your hosting account is created for you.
- Hosting account renewal is for the successive 12 months. Please provide at least 30 days notice of cancellation prior to the end of term if termination is needed.
- The web hosting is for lawful purposes only. Adult or indecent content is prohibited; also websites that support illegal activities or activities that breach New Zealand law. These will result in immediate cancellation of hosting service.
- Payment is due within 7 days of invoicing. Jade has the right to suspend or deactivate a website if the account is in arrears. Re-activation fee will apply. Jade has the right to delete all data and files of a website that has been terminated.
- Jade has the right to de-activate a website that has been infected by malware or been hacked. Keeping your website system updated with security and firewall installed is compulsory to prevent or minimise the chances of such an occurrence.
- Jade requires ‘admin’ access to all websites hosted.
Jade will not be responsible for any damages, including loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries or service interruptions by any cause or errors or omissions by you.
Connection speed represents the speed of an end-to-end connection. Jade does not represent guarantees of speed or availability of end-to-end connections.
Jade will not be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including any lost of profits or data arising from your use of the website hosting service, or any user content, user website or other materials accessed or downloaded through the services.
Jade will not be liable for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of delay in the supply of the deliverables or failure to perform its obligations under this agreement where the delay is caused directly or indirectly by an act of God, armed conflict, labour dispute, civil commotion, intervention of a government, materials or manufacturing facilities, accidents, interruptions of or delay in, transportation or any other causes beyond their control, interruptions to the hosting service, consequential, punitive, or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate this hosting service, failure of any service provider, of any telecommunications carrier, of the Internet backbone, of any Internet servers, you or your site visitor’s computer or Internet software.
Need an independent hosting account?
Jade recommends SiteGround. You will abide by the Terms and Conditions of the hosting company and if there are any issues with the server, uptime, etc, you will seek support with them.